The heating and air conditioning systems in your home are a critical part of how you stay comfortable and safe throughout the snowy winters and hot summers. Without a properly functioning HVAC system, you could be wasting money, putting yourself in danger of extended HVAC downtime and be unnecessarily uncomfortable in your own home. Exxel Mechanical Services provides homeowners with expert HVAC preventative maintenance and service that comes with many different benefits. What are some of the benefits of having your HVAC system serviced?
1. Lower Energy Bills
One of the biggest benefits of having your HVAC system serviced is lower energy bills. A steep energy bill or one that suddenly spikes is often a sign that you need to complete repairs or have maintenance performed. When an HVAC system is not running efficiently, it can cost you a great deal over the course of the year. Preventative maintenance helps to catch problems before you might notice them yourself and avoid wasting unnecessary energy at your home.
2. Fewer Repairs
An HVAC system that is properly maintained will help you to avoid both minor and major repairs. One of the most expensive things that can happen to you is your air conditioner suddenly breaking down during a heat wave or your heater breaking in the middle of a snowstorm. Serious, emergency repairs can cost far more than ongoing preventative maintenance. Investing in having your HVAC system serviced will mean catching many problems before they are allowed to fester and cost you more in the end.
3. Prolonged Lifespan
HVAC systems are a serious investment, even if you chose a more affordable option. One of the best ways to extend the lifespan of your heating or air conditioning system and ensure that your investment goes as far as possible is by having your HVAC system serviced. A system that is in good repair and cleaned regularly will run as efficiently as it is capable of, which can prevent serious issues that might cause the entire system to malfunction and shut down.
4. Safety Matters
Tragically, some homes catch on fire and have serious accidents due to heating systems that are broken or in disrepair every year. Beyond physical damage to the home, furnaces can also lead to carbon monoxide poisoning in rare cases. One of the most important roles that the trustworthy technicians at Exxel Mechanical Services can provide is serving as a safety inspector to make sure that your unit is safe and not a health hazard. Regardless of what type of HVAC system you have, using a carbon monoxide detector and smoke detector near your unit is a must. You should also rely on regular appointments to have your HVAC system serviced to catch smaller safety issues that could turn into serious hazards.
5. Preserve Your Warranty Protection
Did you know that some HVAC manufacturers require proof that you did due diligence in maintaining the unit before they will allow repair claims to be submitted in accordance with the warranty? The manufacturer wants to know that you made an honest effort to take preventative care of the unit before they foot the bill for the issue. If you want to make sure that your warranty remains active for as long as possible, you should have your HVAC system serviced. It’s always important to read your warranty and understand the specific terms so that you know what your obligation might be under the warranty.
What Things Does a Tune-Up Include?
Exxel Mechanical Services offers a comprehensive tune-up that can pinpoint issues and ensure that everything is working smoothly. Depending on the type of system that you own, the steps that are taken could vary a great deal. Some of the services that you might receive during a tune-up include:
- Lubricating the motors, gears and other parts
- Cleaning the outdoor coils
- Removing any debris from the exterior of the unit
- Changing and cleaning filters
- Inspecting ventilation systems and ductwork for signs of leakage
- Testing all electrical connections
- Testing temperature control and airflow throughout the interior of your home
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Troubleshooting any refrigerant leaks
- Inspecting the interior and exterior units
- Inspecting the heat exchanger
- Checking all connections on gas and oil lines
- Testing carbon monoxide levels
- Inspecting and clean the burner
- Testing the ignition system
- Testing the exhaust system
- Verifying and alter the gas pressure as needed
- Examining the thermostat to ensure efficacy and recalibrating it to ensure accuracy
- Evaluating the pilot and gas pressure in your furnace system
- Completing a written assessment documenting any issues and recommending any necessary repairs
- Checking the clearance around the exterior and interior equipment
- Assessing all safety controls
- Measuring voltage and amperage
- Examining and clean the flower
- Examining and clean the condenser and evaporator coils
- Discussing any concerns that you have noticed and come up with a plan to prevent issues in the future
- Providing maintenance documentation that you can use if you do need to make a claim against the warranty on your HVAC system
- Scheduling regular service reminders that will make sure that you never forget when you need to have your HVAC system serviced again
Where Can I Find a Company to Get My HVAC System Serviced?
Exxel Mechanical Services is here to support all of our residential and commercial clients and keep their HVAC systems in excellent condition. We are a leader in helping homeowners who want to keep their HVAC systems in peak condition, improve their energy efficiency and prevent future costly issues. If you are interested in learning more about our maintenance, were are always here to help. We are always available to help assess your system, provide you with a free quote or come out to restore your heat or air conditioning in the event of an emergency. To learn more or get a free quote, call us at 443-821-1040 or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to keeping your family comfortable.