Power outages can happen due to severe weather, traffic accidents, or operational issues and you do not want to be left in the dark. Regardless of why the power goes out, it is important to have a second source of power in the form of a generator that Exxel Mechanical Services installs. If you’re like most, you’re probably wondering what’s involved with a generator installation. Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Where do I start?
One thing to keep in mind – this is not a DIY project. It all begins with a home visit from us.
We will help you choose the perfect size generator, the right fuel source and the best installation locations for your generator and transfer switch.
Most installations take a day or two. And we will take care of it all. We’ll coordinate a team of licensed electricians and plumbers to make sure the job’s done right.
Here’s how it works:
- The licensed electrician will install your transfer switch first.
- After that’s installed, the team will move your generator in place.
- Electric lines will then be connected from your transfer switch to your generator.
- Once electric is hooked up, your pipefitter will make the proper connections from the fuel source to the generator.
- After electric and fuel is hooked up, your generator is ready to start and protect your home or business.
How much will it cost?
Installation costs vary significantly from home to home due to the ease/difficulty of installing your fuel source (propane or natural gas). A simple installation can start at $2,000, but costs may be substantially more based on individual situations. We recommend a professional site survey for a more accurate quote.
What about permits?
Kick your feet up and rest easy. Where permits are required we will handle local permits and ordinances so you don’t have to.